Which Information is Collected
We collect the following information when visiting our Site or when using our Service:
Personal & Account Information
- Information you provide during device setup of your Kuna and/or Kuna Powered Device(s), such as your email address, the location of each device, the type of mobile device used, WiFi SSID & Password, and the email addresses of any Shared users.
- Information necessary to complete a purchase from our Site, including your name, billing and shipping address, credit card information, and other necessary information to complete your transaction.
- Your account username (email address) and password.
- Audio and video is collected through the device. Audio and video data is stored securely on our servers to ensure you can access it and playback footage.
- Kuna and Kuna Powered device Information, such as the serial number, the device’s network information (including IP address), and device activity logs.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location if you activate automatic mode switching.
How Information is Used
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide user services and improve the Kuna and Kuna Powered device’s functionality and to improve the user experience, included but not limited to improving detection algorithms, provide desired features, and enhance overall performance.
- To fulfill orders and process payments for the sale of Kuna and Kuna Powered devices and the sale of Premium Plans (“Service”).
- Operate your Kuna Service under your account and store your data. Record log entries for troubleshooting issues with your device(s).
- Send you notifications through the Kuna app.
- Send you communications and updates, which you can opt-out of.
- To conduct research and analysis on how users access and use our Site, Service, and Devices to help improve them.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and better troubleshoot through our Customer Support Team (reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Location Information and Services
Some features of our app use location-based data, such as our lighting schedule preferences. We use this information to facilitate the device’s light responses.
Video & Audio
Kuna and Kuna Powered devices will record and store both video and audio once installed and connected to your WiFi network. It is your responsibility to abide by local laws in your area in regards to video and audio capture. Use of Kuna and Kuna Powered devices and our Service is at your own discretion. Please review laws in your area for more information on whether video and audio capture is permitted in your area.
Kuna may access user recordings and utilize them to improve overall detection and refer to them in the development of our detection algorithms. Kuna will preserve anonymity to the best of its ability and will use the recordings for internal purposes only. Data gathered from tagged videos, such as ‘Person’ and ‘Not Person’, will also be used to help improve our motion detection and capture. Only Kuna employees with the necessary clearance will have access to recordings, and recordings will only be used in development or for troubleshooting purposes.
Cookies and Passive Data Collection
Kuna automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including without limitation, your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request. Users should also be aware that other websites visited before entering the Service site(s) might place Personal Data within a user’s URL during a visit to their website, and Kuna has no control over such other websites. Accordingly, some of this information may be logged by Kuna.
Links to Third Party Sites
Kuna websites may contain links to other sites that are not under our control. These websites may or may not have their own policies regarding privacy. You should review those policies before visiting the websites. We have no responsibility for linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our users.
Kuna Partners and Affiliates
Law Enforcement; Subpoenas
Change of Ownership
In the event of a change in ownership (including through bankruptcy), or a merger, acquisition or sale of assets with or to another entity, we reserve the right to transfer all of the Kuna user information, including Personal Data, to such separate entity. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you (by posting on our site or an email to the email address you provide when you register) of any change in ownership, merger or acquisition of the Kuna Service assets by a third party, and you may choose to modify any of your registration information at that time.
The circumstances under which Kuna may disclose user electronic communications are when: (i) it is necessary in order to provide the Service to the user; (ii) it is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of Kuna, its users or third parties’; (iii) it is required to cooperate with interception orders, warrants or other legal process that Kuna determines in its sole discretion to be valid and enforceable; and/or (iv) it is necessary to provide to a law enforcement agency when the contents are inadvertently obtained by Kuna and appear to pertain to the commission of a crime that, in Kuna’s reasonable opinion, has not yet been reported.
Personal Data may be stored and processed in the United States, or in any other country in which Kuna or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using or accessing the Service, you consent to any such transfer of Personal Data outside of your country.
Kuna uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected by the Service in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, such as using SSL security measures, Kuna cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we take reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” or “crackers” from obtaining this information.
Updating or Removing User Information
You may, at any time, choose to correct, update or remove the information you have submitted to Kuna by updating your account on our site. However, even if you terminate your account, bear in mind that your Personal Data and other information may be retained in our archive or backup records. You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications by sending a request with your contact information to email@example.com. Please note, however, that Kuna reserves the right to send bulletins and other important information regarding the Service at our own discretion.
883 Sneath Lane, Suite 222, San Bruno, CA 94066
Other Legal Notices
Revision Date: June 6, 2016